Wed 27 June 2018 | Sunshine Coast Council
The Sunshine Coast Council is proving their commitment to investing in the services and facilities that communities need and improving the livability and vitality of the Sunshine Coast with the 2018/19 Budget.
Below is a snapshot of the major projects supported in the budget to be delivered across the Sunshine Coast in 2018-19.
Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion
The budget also includes $151 million for the Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion project, which is on track for completion by Christmas in 2020.
Maroochydore City Centre
The Maroochydore City Centre has been allocated $33 million for the Maroochydore City Centre streets, cycleways and footpaths, $6.7 million to design and construct the new Waste Disposal Collection Station and $2.4 million to supply and install future underground pipe infrastructure. The streets, cycleways and footpaths budget will include the first stage of the striking new waterway, installation of street lighting and street furniture and construction of a new park and landscaping. Capital Works Program
$370 million has been allocated to the Capital Works Program to deliver better local roads, parks, gardens, community and sporting facilities across the Sunshine Coast. $19 million has been allocated to community and sporting facilities.
Sport and recreation
• $3.2 million for 2 new AFL fields and a clubhouse at the council’s Meridan Plains complex
• $1.7 million for the Sunshine Coast Regional Tennis Centre at Caloundra
• $1 million towards the Maroochydore Multi-Sports Complex
• $750,000 for upgrades to Sunshine Coast Stadium at Kawana
• $602,000 for the Beerwah Aquatic Centre
• $400,000 for the North Shore Multi-Sport Complex at Mudjimba
• $225,000 to extend the Maleny golf course to 18 holes
• $4.6 million for the redevelopment of The Events Centre at Caloundra
• $1.8 million for the construction of the new community centre at Baringa
• $1.22 million to progress the Heritage Tramway Project in Nambour
• $7.6 million for the Sippy Downs four-lane upgrade project to significantly improve traffic flow and create an entry statement into the Sunshine Coast’s Knowledge Precinct
• $3.2 million to construct the Minyama to Mooloolaba cycleway bridge over Mayes Canal
• $2 million for the Parklands Boulevard duplication project at Meridan Plains
• $1.8 million to continue to construct the Burke St extension at Golden Beach
• $1.7 million for the ongoing upgrade of a 1.2km stretch of McGilchrist Rd, Eudlo
• $1.6 million to upgrade Image Flat Rd in Nambour
• $1.5 million for the upgrade of Roys Rd at Beerwah
• $2.7 million for the continuing upgrade of Caloundra’s main street – Bulcock St Previous page
• $1.36 million to start on upgrades to David Low Way at Bli Bli
• $250,000 to begin the masterplan for Cribb St at Landsborough