2 Nov 2020 | Source: Sunshine Coast Council
Sunshine Coast Council is proposing to change the zoning and local plan area boundaries for specific sites located at Bli Bli, Chevallum, Forest Glen, Landsborough and Yandina.
Council is inviting feedback on the proposed amendment to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014, relating to Additional South East Queensland Regional Plan (SEQRP) 2017 Sites and Other Zoning Matters.
The purpose and general effect of the proposed planning scheme amendment is to make zoning changes and local plan area boundary changes relating to specific sites located at Bli Bli, Chevallum, Forest Glen, Landsborough and Yandina, in order to:
• respond to changes to the Urban Footprint under the South East Queensland Regional Plan 2017; and
• better reflect existing development approvals or desired future land uses;
• amend local plan provisions, where relevant, to provide more detailed planning outcomes in response to zoning and local plan area boundary changes; and
• amend the growth management boundaries to reflect zoning changes.
View the Proposed Amendment
• Explanatory Memorandum - Proposed Planning Scheme Amendment – Additional SEQRP Sites and Other Zoning Matters (PDF 8MB)
• Amendment Instrument - Proposed Planning Scheme Amendment – Additional SEQRP Sites and Other Zoning Matters (PDF 12MB)
Further details on the specific sites subject to the proposed planning scheme amendment can be found in the following information sheets relating to:
• Bli Bli;
• Chevallum and Forest Glen;
• Landsborough; and
During the consultation period, a printed copy of the proposed amendment and explanatory material can be viewed and/or purchased at Council’s Development Information Counter at 10 First Avenue, Maroochydore and is also available for viewing at Council’s administration buildings in Nambour and Caloundra, and at Council libraries.
Submit Your Feedback
Feedback received during the community consultation period will inform the proposed amendments, which will then be presented to council for consideration.
The proposed amendment is subject to public consultation from Monday, 2 November to Friday, 4 December 2020 (inclusive).
The Public Notice (PDF 871 KB)
was published on 31 October 2020.
Any person may make a submission to Council on the proposed planning scheme amendment.
Submissions are to:-
• be in writing and state the name and address of each person making the submission;
• be addressed to the Sunshine Coast Regional Council;
• include a subject heading (e.g. Submission on Proposed Additional SEQRP Sites and Other Zoming Matters Amendment).
• be signed by each person making the submission (unless the submission is made electronically);
• state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of those grounds; and
• be received by Council no later than 4.30pm on 4 December 2020
Submissions can be made by:
• Using the online submission form: https://haveyoursay.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/seqrp-sites
• Lodging in person at any of the following Sunshine Coast Council offices:
Caloundra Office - 1 Omrach Avenue, Caloundra
Maroochydore Office - 10 First Avenue, Maroochydore
Nambour Office - Corner Currie and Bury Streets, Nambour
• Posting to: The Chief Executive Officer - Sunshine Coast Regional Council
Locked Bag 72
Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560
• Emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Branch on (07) 5420 8953 or email email@example.com.