Thurs Nov 15 2018
The Qld Government has introduced a new Container Refund Scheme from November 1st that allows you to collect 10c for every eligbile container returned.
The Scheme was introduced as an incentive for residents to collect and recycle contrainers to increase Queensland's recycling rate and reduce the amount of drink container litter that enters the environment.
Which drink containers are included?
As part of the scheme, you can receive a refund for most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard beverage containers between 150ml and 3L.
After a period of transition, all eligible drink containers will have to display a refund marking that will make it easy to see which containers can be returned for a refund.
Which drink containers are excluded?
A number of drink containers are not eligible for a refund under the scheme. These include: all containers that are smaller than 150mL and bigger than 3L, plain milk containers, glass containers which have contained wine or pure spirit,
large containers (1L or more) which have contained flavoured milk, pure juice, cask wine or cask water, cordial or vegetable juice containers, sachets above 250ml which have contained wine, registered health tonics.
Where can I drop off my eligible containers?
There are 23 locations across the Sunshine Coast where residents can drop off their containers and collect their refunds.
- Beerwah: Beerwah Hotel, Envirobank Corner Beerwah Parade and Mawhiney Street, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Bli Bli: Re.Turn-it, Bli Bli Unit 1, 320 David Low Way, 6am-9pm, seven days
- Buderim: Re.Turn-it, Buderim 41 Main Street, 9am to 4.30pm on Monday to Friday and 9am-12.30pm, Saturday
- Buderim: Goodlife Community Centre, Envirobank 100 Buderim Pines Drive, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Buderim: Buderim Depot, Envirobank 10 Kayleigh Drive, 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday and 8am-2pm, Saturday and Sunday, closed public holidays
- Caloundra: Re.Turn-it, Caloundra 87 Bulcock Street, 9am-4.30pm on Monday-Friday and 9am-12:30pm on Saturday
- West Caloundra: Re.Turn-it, West Caloundra 148 Mark Road East, 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday, 9am-2pm, Saturday and 10am-2pm Sunday
- Coolum Beach: Coolum Beach, Envirobank coming soon, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Dicky Beach: Dicky Beach SLSC, Envirobank Dicky Beach Surf Life Saving Club, 1a Coochin Street, 8am-12pm on Sunday
- Kunda Park: TOMRA Recyling Centre, Kunda Park 5 Pike Street, 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am-3pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Kunda Park: Re.Turn-it, Kunda Park 22 Hitech Drive, 9am-4.30pm on Monday to Friday and 9am-12.30pm Saturday
- Maleny: Re.Turn-it, Maleny 17 Maple Street, 9.30am-4pm on Monday to Friday and 10am-2pm Saturday and Sunday
- Maroochydore: Re.Turn-it, Maroochydore 25 First Avenue, 9am-4.30pm Monday-Friday, 9am-12.30pm Saturday
- Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Home, Envirobank 100 Marrochydore Rd, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Maroochydore: Bunnings, Maroochydore, Container Exchange 70-98 Dalton Drive, 9.30am-2.30pm, Monday-Friday
- Mooloolaba: Mooloolaba SLSC, Envirobank Mooloolaba Surf Life Saving Club, The Esplanade, 8am-noon, Sunday
- Mt Coolum: Re.Turn-it, Mt Coolum Shop 14, 2 Suncoast Beach Drive, 6am-8pm, seven days
- Nambour: Re.Turn-it, Nambour Unit 1 B, 97 Blackall Terrace, 9am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday and 9am-12.30pm, Saturday
- Nambour: Coles Nambour, Envirobank 9-13 Mills Street, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Peregian Beach: Re.Turn-it, Peregian Beach Unit 5, 215 David Low Way, 6am-9pm, seven days
- Peregian Springs: Coles Peregian Springs, Envirobank Peregian Springs Shopping Centre, 1 Ridgeview Drive, 8am-6pm, seven days
- Sippy Downs: Re.Turn-it, Sippy Downs University of Sunshine Coast Campus, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, 7am-6pm, Monday-Friday
- Sippy Downs: Chancellors Tavern, Envirobank 20 Chancellor Village Boulevard, 8am-6pm, seven days